Make your own free website on Tripod.com

baslik-mikst.jpg

OUR DEPARTMENT'S MANUSCRIPTS
ALL MANUSCRIPTS
YAVUZ'S MANUSCRIPTS
ASIRDIZER'S MANUSCRIPTS
ZEYFEOGLU'S MANUSCRIPTS
DIZDAR'S MANUSCRIPTS
TUYJI'S MANUSCRIPTS
CITATION FORMS

CODE: 1075
 

CHILD VICTIMS OF ANAL RAPE

 

 

Yavuz MF, Yavuz M., Asirdizer M, Muderrisoglu S.

 

Journal de Medicine Legale Droit Medical Victimologie Dommage Corporel. (Journal of Forensic Medicine), 2002, 45(4-5): 189.

 

 

ABSTRACT

 

Objectives: The aim of this study is to investigate the profiles of anal rape victim cases among children. Demographic information of the cases were gathered in addition to the effectiveness of the analysis of medical examinations and forensic reports performed by physicians other than specialists of forensic medicine in comparison to medical evaluations of the same cases performed by forensic medicine specialists. Nature of the study: Descriptive study. Material and methods: 222 cases of anal rape allegation which were asked by the courts in any part of Turkey for a final diagnosis were retrospectively reviewed from the database of the Institute of Forensic Medicine, Istanbul, from 1998 till 2000. The data of randomly selected child victims (3 -18 years of age) were analyzed on the basis of demographic features and also by the adequacy of the medical examinations and forensic reports of physicians other than specialists of forensic medicine. Statistical analysis: Descriptive statistical analysis methods were applied. Results: The age range of child victims of anal rape was 3 to 18 years with a mean of 10.77 (SD: 4.11). For the assailants, age range was 11 to 67 years with a mean of 20.83 years (SD: 10.51). 63 % (n = 162) of the child victims were male showing a male / female ratio of 2/1. Re-occurrence was seen in one of four cases by the same assailant. The data revealed that victims were medically examined 2 to 6 times with a mean of 2.64. Consistency among the forensic reports of the same cases was found to be only 20.3 %, with a remaining of 79.7 % being completely or partially inconsistent. Conclusion: The medical report, which is one of the main elements to clarify the allegation of sexual assault, must be effective. High rates in medical re-examination of child anal rape victims and insufficiency in medical forensic reports of the physicians other than specialists of forensic medicine has shown the need of specialized multi-disciplinary medical centers (there is only a few in Turkey) for the forensic medical evaluation of sexual assault cases.

 

Key words: Anal Rape, child abuse, sexual abuse.

CITED BY:

1. Dmitrieva OA, Yutskovskaya Ya. T, Antsupov SN. “Aспекты судебно-медицинской экспертизы заражения инфекциями, передающимися половым путем [Law aspects of forensic medical examination of infection with STIS]Pacific Medical Journal, 2004, No. 4, p. 63-65.

2. Yavuz MS, Yavuz MF, Asirdizer M, Dokgoz H. ” The demographic features of male sexual assaults.” 6th Annual Meeting of Balkan Academy of Forensic Sciences (BAFS), June 18-21, 2009. Kavala-Greece. Congress Book, Article in Press. 

LÜTFEN YAYINLARIMIZA YAPTIGINIZ SİTASYONLARI, SİTASYON FORMU' NU DOLDURARAK BİZE BİLDİRİNİZ. TEŞEKKÜR EDERİZ.
 
 
PLEASE GIVE INFORMATION US BY USING CITATION FORM, IF YOU CITED TO OUR MANUSCRIPTS, THANK YOU.
 

© COPYRIGHT, CELAL BAYAR ÜNİVERSİTESİ, TIP FAKÜLTESİ ADLİ TIP ANABİLİM DALI